open date: March 9, 2020
The JBC provides financial support to help outstanding international Master students, PhD students or post-docs, carry out a collaborative research project, for a period of up to 4 months, at JBC members’ labs, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- The candidate must be a student whose training and PhD or post-doctoral project, are in the field of Brain Sciences.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for attendance at a lab of a JBC memberfor up to 9 months from the day of receiving the scholarship.
Evaluation of an applicant proposal
The JBC Academic Committee will evaluate the application based on:
- The academic achievements, of the applicant
- The relevance of the research topic to the agenda of the JBC
- The scientific merit of the project proposal and the priority given to it by the host (up to 3 pages)
- The application will be reviewed by an academic committee, who may interview pre-selected candidates, before making a final decision
- A recipient of a JBC Fellowship must submit a letter of commitment to abide by the terms of the fellowship
Terms of the Fellowship:
Amount of the fellowship: up to $5000
- An additional coverage for travel expenses up to $1,000 will be awarded for applicants coming from Europe and $2,000 for applicants coming from the USA or Canada
- The candidate is required to inform the JBC about any grant, salary or other funds he/she may receive during the training at Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Play an active role in JBC community.
- Participate in JBC activities, e.g., attend JBC-sponsored events, etc.
- Update the JBC on your experience, the fruits of your work, and the insights gained
- Acknowledge JBC in publications and presentations
Application form and supporting documents (uploaded to 'Documents Upload' folder according to the instructions):
- Application Form
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- A short description of the research proposal for the training. (in English, up to five pages, font size 11, line spacing 1.5)
- If applicant is a PhD; proof of PhD enrollment at current university (Abstract of the PhD thesis signed by the applicant's advisor or other).
- For Post Docs proof of completion of PhD
- Publications (if applicable) – please attach them in PDF format (up to three uploads)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (typed in English) from three referees. One referee must be the PhD advisor. The letters should be sent by the referee directly to the JBC fellowship portal.
- A letter from a JBC host/advisor, approving his/her support of the contents of the application and his/her commitment to support the proposed project
- Supplementary Materials: the candidate may add a letter with any information relevant for his/her training and future plans (up to one page, font 11, line spacing 1.5)
Last date to submit applications: April 20th, 2020