The Jerusalem Brain Community (JBC), provides partial support for students, to present a lecture or poster, during conferences, workshops or courses abroad.
Must be a student or post-doctoral fellow from a lab of a JBC Member.
Participation in a course/workshop must be relevant to the student's field of studies; participation in a conference must require the student to present his/her work – either as a lecture or a poster.
Travel Grants, will only be awarded for attendance at a conference/workshop for up to 6 months from the day of receiving the scholarship.
Amount of Grant: $1000
Payment will be made in one of the following ways:
a) Directly to the travel agency for purchasing the ticket, as long as the ticket has been ordered by either“Ophir Tours” or “Diesenhaus”.
b) As reimbursement of purchasing the ticket independently, or alternatively, as reimbursement for accommodations or registration fees – as long as original invoices and receipts will be submitted.
- Candidates may apply for a travel grant, only once, per academic year.
- Requests will be reviewed by an academic committee of JBC members nominated on an annual basis.
Please upload the following documents to the 'Documents Upload' folder according to the instructions:
- JBC Application Form (Online Application Form)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter by the applicant explaining the significance of his/her participation.
- Summary of the Project (2 pages).
- Abstract of the work that will be presented.
- List of Publications.
2 Letters of Recommendation (typed in English). One letter should be from either the PhD advisor or the post-doctoral host with the student's academic achievements, as well as, the importance of his/her participation in the specific course/workshop/conference. The Letters should be sent bye the referee acourding to this mechanism.
Travel Approval Form – please fill in sections 1, 2 and 4 only.
- Conference registration and payment confirmations (up to 4 documents).
Consideration will be given only to complete applications.
Applications may be submitted all year round, awards will be given four times a year:
- March 19, 2017
- May 4, 2017