Dr. Dinesh K. Patel
I am a Postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Shlomo Magdassi at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel since February 2014. My current research includes development of transparent conducting electrodes (TCE), electroluminescent (EL) and mechanoluminescent (ML) devices for display applications and 3D printing of functional elastomers and explore its applications in the field of soft robotics, actuators, electronic switches, etc. I was working as Junior Visiting Scientist at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai from September 2012 to December 2013 and research project was to develop powder electroluminescence (EL) device from nanomaterials. I completed Ph.D (2009-2012) from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai and my research title is “Synthesis, characterization and photoluminescence studies on lanthanide ions doped ternary oxide nanoparticles and their composites.” I did my M.Sc. (2008) in Organic Chemistry from K. J. Somaiya College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai University and received B.Sc. (2006) in Chemistry from K. J. Somaiya College of Science and Commerce, with distinction from Mumbai University.
More details are in my Linkedin profile: https://il.linkedin.com/pub/dr-dinesh-k patel/31/508/a5
- Highly Stretchable and UV Curable Elastomer for Digital Light Processing Based Three Dimensional Printing, Dinesh K. Patel, Amir Hosein Sakhaei, Michael Layani, Biao Zhang, Qi Ge and Shlomo Magdassi, Adv. Mater. 160600 (2017) 1-7, DOI:10.1002/adma.201606000. This paper has been highlighted in many press news (e.g. ScienceDaily, PHYS.ORG, 3DPRINT.COM, SPOT.CHEMI BLOG, all3dp.com, pddnet.com, etc.)
- Effect of structure, size and copper doping on the luminescence properties of ZnS, Ch. Satya Kamal, R. K. Mishra, Dinesh K. Patel, K. Ramachandra Rao, V. Sudarsan and R. K. Vatsa, Mater. Res. Bull. 81 (2016) 127-133.
- Fabrication of transparent conducting films composed of In3+ doped CuS and their application in flexible electroluminescent devices, Dinesh K. Patel, A. Kamyshny, Ariando, Huang Zhen and S. Magdassi, J. Mater. Chem. C, 3  (2015) 8700-8705 (Selected as Advanced Article).
- Structural and Optical properties of Dy3+ doped Aluminofluoroborophosphate glasses for White light applications, M. Vijayakumar, K. Mahesvaran, Dinesh K. Patel, S. Arunkumar and K. Marimuthu, Opt. Mater., 37 (2014) 695-705.
- Optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) and thermally assisted OSL in Eu2+-Doped BaSO4 phosphor, B. C. Bhatt, Anuj Soni, G. S. Polymeris, D. K. Koul, Dinesh K. Patel, S. K. Gupta, D. R. Mishra and M. S. Kulkarni, Radiation Measurements, 64 (2014) 35-43.
- Difference in nature of Eu3+ environment in Eu3+ -doped cubic BaTiO3 and BaSnO3, Dinesh K. Patel, B. Vishwanadh, V. Sudarsan and S. K. Kulshreshtha, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 96  (2013) 3857-3861.
- Probing local environments in Eu3+ doped SrSnO3 nano-rods by luminescence and Sr K-edge EXAFS techniques, S. Basu, Dinesh K. Patel, D. Bhattacharyya, S.N. Jha, V. Sudarsan and S. K. Kulshreshtha, Chem. Phys. Lett., 561-562 (2013) 82-86.
- Blue light emitting SrSn(OH)6 nano-rods doped with lanthanide ions (Eu3+, Tb3+ and Dy3+), Dinesh K. Patel, B. Rajeswari, V. Sudarsan, R. K. Vatsa, R. M. Kadam and S. K. Kulshreshtha, Mater. Res. Bull., 48 (2013) 566-573.
- Structural, luminescence and EPR studies on SrSnO3 nanorods doped with europium ions, Dinesh K. Patel, B. Rajeswari, V. Sudarsan, R. K. Vatsa, R. M. Kadam and S. K. Kulshreshtha, Dalton trans., 41  (2012) 12023-12030.
- Local environments around Eu3+ and Eu2+ ions in dual light-emitting BaSnO3:Eu nanomaterials, Dinesh K. Patel, A. Sengupta, B. Vishwanadh, V. Sudarsan, R. K. Vatsa, R. Kadam, and S. K. Kulshreshtha, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2012  (2012) 1609-1619.
- Hexagonal BaTiO3:Eu3+ nanoparticles: A kinetically stable phase prepared at low temperatures, Dinesh K. Patel, B. Vishwanadh, V. Sudarsan, R. K. Vatsa, and S. K. Kulshreshtha, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 94  (2011) 482-487.
- Synthesis, characterization and photoluminescence studies of undoped and doped ZnSn(OH)6 with lanthanide ions (Eu3+, Tb3+ , Dy3+ and Ce3+ ), Dinesh K. Patel, V. Sudarsan and S. K. Kulshreshtha (2017) (Communicated to J. Lumin.).
- Conference Publications
- Luminescence from ZnS: Bulk Vs Nano, R. K. Mishra, S. Kamal, Dinesh K. Patel, K. R. Rao, V. Sudarsan and R. K.Vatsa, AIP Conf. Proc., 1665 (2015) 0501541-0501543.
- Synthesis and characterization of Bi1-xLaxPO4 nano-rods,Sarabjot Singh, Sheeba Khan, Dinesh K. Patel and V. Sudarsan, AIP Conf. Proc., 1591 (2014) 387-389.
- Local structure investigation of Eu doped SrSnO3 samples surrounding Sr site, S. Basu, Dinesh K. Patel, J. Nuwad, V. Sudarsan, S. K. Kulshreshtha, S. N. Jha and D. Bhattacharyya, AIP Conf. Proc., 1512 (2013) 472-473.
- CaSn(OH)6 cubes: Synthesis and photoluminescence studies, Dinesh K. Patel, J. Nuwad, V. Sudarsan, R. K. Vatsa and S. K. Kulshreshtha, AIP Conf. Proc., 1512 (2013) 398-399.