Dr. Yiftach Ron
Department of Communication and Journalism, The Hebrew University
Dr. Yiftach Ron currently teaches in the Swiss Center for conflict Research, Management and resolution and the in Department of Communication at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He holds a Ph.D. from the Hebrew University. Yiftach Ron has published articles and book chapters on narratives, processes of intergroup dialogue and peacemaking in settings of intractable ethno-political conflict. His current work examines processes of intergroup communication, power relations, discourse, narratives and life stories in conflicted societies, media and psychology related aspects of intergroup conflict, peace education, dialogue, conflict resolution and peacebuilding.
- Ron Y., Solomon, J., Halperin, E. & Saguy, T. (2016). Willingness to engage in intergroup contact: A multi-level approach. Accepted for publication in Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology.
- Mor, I., Ron, Y. & Maoz, I. (2016). "Likes" for Peace: Can Facebook Promote Dialogue in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?. Media and Communication, 4(1), 15-26.
- Hazboun, I., Ron, Y. & Maoz, I. (2016). Journalists in times of crisis: Experiences and practices of Palestinian journalists during the 2014 Gaza war. The Communication Review, 19(3), 223-236.
- Ellis, D., Ron, Y. & Maoz, I. (Forthcoming). Managing ethnopolitical conflicts through dialogue and deliberation. In T.G. Matyok and P.M. Kellett (Eds.), Communication and Conflict Transformation: Local to Global Engagements. Lanham, MD: Lexington.
- Maoz, I. & Ron, Y. (2016). The road to peace? The potential of structured encounters between Israeli Jews and Palestinians in promoting peace. In K. Sharvit and E. Halperin (Eds.), The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: A Social Psychology Perspective - Celebrating the Legacy of Daniel Bar-Tal, vol. 2. New York, NY: Springer.
- Goldberg, T. & Ron, Y. (2014). "Look, each side says something different": The impact of history teaching on Jewish and Palestinian adolescents discussions about the Palestinian refugee problem. Journal of Peace Education, 11(1), 1-29.
- Ron, Y. & Maoz, I. (2013). Peacemaking through dialogue? Effects of intergroup dialogue on perceptions regarding the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Dynamics of Asymmetric Conflict, 6(1-3), 75-89. DOI: 10.1080/17467586.2013.861918.
- Ron, Y. & Maoz, I. (2013). Dangerous Stories: Encountering narratives of the other in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology, 19(3), 281-294.
- Ron, Y., Maoz, I. & Bekerman, Z. (2010). Dialogue and Ideology: The Effect of Continuous Involvement in Jewish-Arab Dialogue Encounters on the Ideological Perspectives of Israeli-Jews. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 34(6), 571-579.