The JBC provides financial support to help outstanding international PhD students or post-docs, carry out a collaborative research project, for a period of up to 3 months, at JBC members’ labs, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- The candidate must be a student whose training and PhD or post-doctoral project, are in the field of Brain Sciences.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for attendance at a lab of a JBC member for up to 9 months from the day of receiving the scholarship.
Evaluation of an applicant proposal
The JBC Academic Committee will evaluate the application based on:
- The academic achievements, of the applicant.
- The relevance of the research topic to the agenda of the JBC.
- The scientific merit of the project proposal and the priority given to it by the host.
- The application will be reviewed by an academic committee, who may interview pre-selected candidates, before making a final decision.
- A recipient of a JBC Fellowship must submit a letter of commitment to abide by the terms of the fellowship.
The amount of the fellowship will be up to $5000.
Terms of the Fellowship:
- An additional coverage for travel expenses up to $1,000 will be awarded for applicants coming from Europe and $2,000 for applicants coming from the USA or Canada.
- The candidate is required to inform the JBC about any grant, salary or other funds he/she may receive during the training at Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Play an active role in JBC community.
- Participate in JBC activities, e.g., attend JBC-sponsored events, etc.
- Update the JBC on your experience, the fruits of your work, and the insights gained.
- Acknowledge JBC in publications and presentations.
Application form and supporting documents (uploaded to 'Documents Upload' folder according to the instructions):
- Application Form (Online Application Form).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (in English).
- A short description of the research proposal for the training. (in English, up to five pages, font size 11, line spacing 1.5).
- If applicant is a PhD; proof of PhD enrollment at current university (Abstract of the PhD thesis signed by the applicant's advisor or other).
- For Post Docs proof of completion of PhD.
- Publications (if applicable) – please attach them in PDF format (up to three uploads).
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (typed in English) from three referees. One referee must be the PhD advisor. The letters should be sent by the referee directly to the JBC fellowship portal. The letters should be sent according to this mechanism.
- A letter from a JBC host/advisor, approving his/her support of the contents of the application and his/her commitment to support the proposed project.
- Supplementary Materials: the candidate may add a letter with any information relevant for his/her training and future plans (up to one page, font 11, line spacing 1.5).
Consideration will be given only to complete applications.
Last date to submit applications, May 2, 2017.