November 4, 2018
Congratulations to our new fellowship winners:
Post Doc fellowsip:
- Dr. Reut Avinun, Supervisor: Dr. Salomon Israel (Psychology dep.), for her research: "Risk and Resilience Factors for Depression".
- Dr. Nathalie Klein, Supervisor: Dr. Yoni Pertzov (Psychology dep), for her research: "Psychology dep. Are you in control? An investigation into the motivated memory phenomenon".
PhD "Gold" fellowship:
- Gregory Founshtein, Supervisor: Prof. Shahar Arzy (Computational Neuropsychiatric dep.), for his proposal: "Research Plan: Understanding disorientation in Alzheimer’s disease through the combination of structural, functional and metabolic imaging".
- Michal Frenkel, Supervisor: Dr. Yoram Ben-Shaul (Medical Neurobiology), for her proposal: "Neuronal Mechanisms of Behavioral Imprinting in the Olfactory System".
"Golden Opprtunty Scholarship" for Master students:
- Amir Shufaniya, Supervisor: Prof. Inbal Arnon((Psychology dep), for his research proposal: "The impact of modality and stimulus type on statistical learning: probing the domain-generality of statistical learning".
- Eitan Moses, Supervisor: Dr. Itamar Harel (Genetics dep), for his research proposal: "Rejuvenating the aging brain by altering the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal hormonal axis".
- Halen Baker, Supervisor: Prof. Hagai Bergman (Medical Neurobiology dep.), for her research proposal: "Electrophysiological changes caused by various sedative medications compared to natural sleep in healthy and parkinsonian monkeys".
- Lior Lebovich, Supervisor: Prof. Yonatan Loewenstein (ELSC). Lior presented her research: "Idiosyncratic choice bias in decision tasks naturally emerges from neuronal network dynamics'', at the Neurobridges 2018: A Mediterranean, Middle Eastern Summer School in Computational Neuroscience.
- Moria Ben Yishay, Supervisor: Prof. Eran Meshorer (Genetics dep.), Moria presented her research: "Identifying common molecular mechanisms underlying polyQ related diseases'', at the CRG: Tissue Engineering Course: From Stem Cells to Organoids.
- Ohad Dan, Supervisor: Yonatan Loewenstein (Dept. of Cognitive Sciences). Ohad presented his research: "From choice architecture to choice engineering'' at the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2018).
Travel Exchange Scholarship
- Lian Hollander, Supervisor: Prof. Berta Levavi-Sivan (Animal and Veterinary Sciences dep.) for her research proposal: “Use of optogenetics and Ca2+ imaging to characterize neural control of gonadotrophs in fish”.
- Casto Vos, Supervisor: Dr. Inbal Goshen (ELSC), for her research proposal: “Structural and functional characterization of astrocytic domains: the significance of association with a specific domain on neuronal activity”.
- Mariadelmar Reus-Garcia, Supervisor: Dr. Ami Citri (ELSC), for her research proposal: “The function of the claustrum”